Since 1964, St. Andrew’s Nursery School has been introducing children to the love of learning. Located in downtown Yardley, along the banks of historic Lake Afton, St. Andrew’s Nursery School was founded by Yardley community members and is affiliated with St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church. The school is fully nonprofit and is operated and run by the teachers and administrative staff with the help of a volunteer parent committee.
Our goal at St. Andrew’s Nursery School is to create a warm, nurturing environment in which a child can develop a positive self-image, successfully make the transition from home to school and discover that learning is fun. We provide a place where children have the opportunity to learn and grow, and where they can understand themselves and their world. At St. Andrew’s Nursery School, we believe that a lifetime of learning begins with a single moment of wonder – a child’s love for learning starts here.
What makes St. Andrew’s Nursery School exceptional:
- Experienced, dedicated staff with decades of service to this school and community
- Very small student-to-teacher ratio with a focus on individual attention
- A full offering of preschool classes, including a unique Pre-K program for children transitioning to Kindergarten the following year. This program is taught by a certified Kindergarten teacher in a small classroom setting, with a focus on preparation for elementary school. Flexible full- and half-day options are offered.
- Wooded, natural setting on Lake Afton, including a shaded playground with creative play structures.
Faculty and Staff
- Susan Condee, Teacher
- Linda Knowles, Teacher
- Jessica Seda, Assistant Teacher
- Marie Leach, Secretary
We also utilize:
- Parent Volunteer Committee
- Steering Committee
- Fundraising Committee
- Community Outreach